Innovation in Payments —Wednesday, May 22, 2019
09:30 – 10:15
|Innovation in Payments
This session will cover the latest technology developments and innovations in digital payments, including the emergence of digital/mobile wallets and their seemingly endless potential use.
Focal questions will include: what are the perspectives and insights from traditional banks in regards to digital finance solutions? And what are the respective impacts and challenges ahead?
|Chaired by Andrew Scott, CEO ，Inside Asian Gaming
Moderated by Francis Chan, Senior Analyst at Bloomberg Intelligence
· Vey-Sern Ling, Senior Analyst – Internet at Bloomberg Intelligence
· Hannah Hui, Vice President, Partnership and Business Development – Financial Services at HKT
· Henry Zheng, Fintech and Innovation Director at EY
|10:15 – 11:00
Building Trust in a Trustless Ecosystem
In view of all the new innovations and technologies developed specifically for financial markets, what are the challenges for potential security breaches?
How can the industry improve on finance and data security, KYC, AML & CFT measures and controls?
Additional topics will include RegTech solutions and GDPR challenges for start-ups.
|Moderated by Earle Hall, President & Chief Executive Officer at Axes Network
· Roland Yau, Managing Partner at Cocoon Ignite Ventures
· Robert Miller, Regional Compliance Manager at OCRA Worldwide
· Yun Ouyang, Chief Executive Officer at Goldlinks
|11:00 – 11:10
|11:10 – 11:40
Transnational criminal organizations are masters at exploiting and utilizing gaming, and other financial institutions, to launder their illicit proceeds, distribute drugs and even perpetrate human trafficking. In this keynote we will identify the hallmarks of financial crime and risk, typologies used to identify the activities of transnational criminal groups, and best practices (including the application of emerging technologies) for the gaming industry to mitigate this risk. This panel will include financial institution, gaming, and law enforcement perspectives areas for private and public sector cooperation. The role and use of technology in detection and mitigation efforts.
|· Benjamin Floyd, Senior Vice President, Corporate AML Officer at Caesars Entertainment Corporation
· Debra Geister, Financial Crime Strategy and Industry Consultant at NICE Actimize
|11:40 – 12:30
|Gaming & Technology
This session comprises a wide range of ideas from various gaming segments on gaming industry innovations and their respective regulatory challenges.
Panelists will take a closer look into Asia’s online gaming future, as well as the potential expansion of skill-based gaming.
|Moderated by Albert Yu, Chief Operating Officer at Alphaslot
· Bryan Wu, Co-Founder at Bitwork Asia
· Georg Washington, Chief Executive Officer at Synergy Blue
· Glenn Wichinsky, Adjunct Professor of Law, Gaming Law and Regulation at University of the Pacific – McGeorge School of Law
· Geaspar Byrne, Asia Consultant at Lottoland Solutions
· Robert Dijkstra, Vice President Business Development and Sales – Asia Pacific at Novomatic
|12:30 – 13:30||Networking Luncheon|
|Gaming & Blockchain|
13:30 – 14:15
The Value of Blockchain
The Most Promising Applications
Current Installations and Challenges
Cautions and Roadblocks
|Chaired by Kelly Leung ,VP of International Business – iClick Interactive Asia
Earle Hall, President & Chief Executive Officer at Axes Network
|14:15 – 14:50
|Blockchain & Gaming
This session will provide an in-depth discussion of how to increase the entertainment value of games in traditional land-based casinos, including the application of successful concepts from mobile/social games and eSports, and inclusion of newer technologies such as Blockchain.
|Moderated by Wayne Hu, Chief Marketing Officer at Alphaslot
· Joji Kokuryo, Managing Director at Bay City Ventures
· Jose Alvares, Partner at CA Lawyers
· Ron Segev, Partner at Segev LLP
· Samson Li, Co-Founder/Chief Marketing Officer at Matrix Global
|14:50 – 15:20
|Responsible Gaming Keynote
Implementation of responsible gaming practices through the Responsible Gaming Ambassador program
|Winnie Wong, Chief Responsible Gaming Officer/ Vice President of Special Gaming Projects at Sands China Ltd.|
|15:20 – 15:30
|15:30 – 16:00
|Operator & Technology Keynote
|16:00 – 16:40
|Academic & Technology Keynote
Technological innovations and the impact to the industry
|Moderated by Professor Joseph Chan, Programme Lead, Business Design and Innovation, The University of Hong Kong
· Doctor Cong Wang, Deputy Director of Decentralized Trust Computation Research Centre, City University of Hong Kong
· Doctor Man Ho Au, Assistant Professor, Department of Computing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
· William Genovese, Vice President, Corporate Strategy Planning – Banking, Financial Services and IT Services Solutions at Huawei
|16:40 – 17:00
|Blockchain Problem and Solutions
Everything you need to know about Blockchain – What problem is it solving? How it is resolving it? And what are the future potential applications?
|Raymond Chan, Chief Executive Officer at Alphaslot|
Please click here to register as Finance Technology Forum delegate