Three-day Event Provides Access to High-Level Insights and Cutting-Edge Products and Services
MACAU – In less than two weeks, more than 5,000 visitors from around the world will gather together at the premier trade show and conference event for the Asian gaming industry to take a comprehensive look at the top gaming issues affecting the Pan-Asian region. The sixth annual Global Gaming Expo Asia (G2E Asia) will take place May 22-24 at the Venetian Macao, in Macau S.A.R., People’s Republic of China, and will provide attendees access to the tools and knowledge needed to compete in the gaming market on a global scale.
“As the Asian and global gaming markets evolve at a rapid pace, G2E Asia continues to be the premier gaming event in the region,” said Frank J. Fahrenkopf, Jr., president and CEO of the American Gaming Association (AGA). “It equips gaming executives with the tools and knowledge necessary to be effective leaders not only in the increasingly competitive Asian region, but in the larger global gaming arena. There is no better place to grow your career, advance your business and seize the future of the global gaming industry than at G2E Asia”
Highlights and special events for G2E Asia 2012 include:
G2E Asia 2012 Show Floor
The G2E Asia 2012 show floor will showcase cutting-edge products and business solutions from more than 120 exhibitors from 20 different countries, with nearly one-third (30 percent) being new suppliers from various gaming segments from around the world. The 5,000 expected visitors will attend the 2012 event from key international buyer groups in emerging gaming markets like the Philippines, Cambodia, Vietnam and Singapore.
The show floor also will feature three educational seminars.
- On May 22, Vlado Damjanovski, one of the world’s most recognized closed-circuit television (CCTV) experts, will lead a new Security and Surveillance Workshop. During this interactive session, he will cover CCTV trends and how casino operators can take advantage of the latest technology.
- On May 23 and 24 gaming expert Sal Piacente is back with a brand new program on common cheating scams. During these intensive one-hour live demonstration sessions, he will provide on-site game protection training by taking attendees step-by-step through the latest cheating tricks.
G2E Asia 2012 Conference
The Conference at G2E Asia is the best place for attendees to learn about the latest trends and most innovative ideas that are shaping the global gaming industry today and in the future. Conference sessions will be simultaneously translated into English and Cantonese.
- The 2012 Conference will begin Tuesday, May 22 with the Global Markets Forum, a full-day program featuring a series of in-depth discussions on how various economic and regulatory issues are affecting current and emerging gaming jurisdictions in the pan-Asian region.
- On Wednesday, May 23, the conference will divide into two tracks — one for senior management and one for middle management — regulatory issues, finance, integrated resorts, non-gaming amenities, marketing and human resources, with content tailored to each group. General conference sessions also will be held Wednesday, May 23 and will focus on junket operations and technology.
- The conference at G2E Asia 2012 will conclude Thursday, May 24, with general sessions examining the economy and social trends, the Chinese gaming market and the power of social media.
Global Gaming Women
This year, G2E Asia will host Asia’s first Global Gaming Women (GGW) event – a networking breakfast and speed mentoring function for women executives from across the international gaming industry. The event, scheduled for Thursday, May 24 at 8 a.m., also will feature a roundtable discussion among female leaders from the Asian gaming market. The AGA launched GGW in 2011 as a development program to nurture emerging female leaders in the international gaming industry.
Gaming Management Certificate Program
The G2E Asia Gaming Management Certificate Program also will take place Thursday, May 24 and will include a full day of special interactive educational workshops designed to help casino managers in Asia develop the leadership skills necessary to succeed in the industry. This year’s program will feature new topics focusing on operations, management and the future of the Macau market. This executive program is produced in partnership with gaming professors at the University of Macau and the University of Nevada, Las Vegas Singapore. All attendees will receive an official certificate of completion from both sponsoring universities and G2E Asia. G2E Asia is the premier gaming exhibition and conference event dedicated to the Asian gaming markets. For more information about G2E Asia or to register, visit www.G2EAsia.com.
Global Gaming Expo Asia (G2E Asia), formerly Asian Gaming Expo, is the international gaming exhibition and conference dedicated to the Asian gaming market. Organized by the American Gaming Association (AGA) and Reed Exhibitions, G2E Asia made its debut in June 2007, defining itself as the leading event for the gaming entertainment industry in Asia.
The AGA represents the commercial casino-entertainment industry by addressing federal legislative and regulatory issues. The association also serves as a clearinghouse for information develops educational and advocacy programs, and provides leadership on industry-related issues of public concern.
About Reed Exhibitions Greater China
Reed Exhibitions Greater China is associated with the world’s largest events organizer: Reed Exhibitions. Thanks to more than two decades of rapid growth, it is now China’s premier organizer of definitive trade events, through seven outstanding member companies: Reed Exhibitions China, Reed Sinopharm, Reed Huabo, Reed Huaqun, Reed Exhibitions (Shanghai), Reed Guanghe and Reed Huabai.
Today, Reed Exhibitions Greater China serves eight of China’s fastest growing specialized sectors. They are: aerospace & aviation; electronics manufacturing & assembly; machine tools, metalworking & industrial materials; converting; pharmaceuticals, medicine & health care; gifts & homeware; lifestyle, travel; gaming & property. The company will organize 54 prime trade events in 2012.
In 2011, events organized by Reed Exhibitions Greater China brought together over 27,000 suppliers, more than 650,000 visitors and approximately 25,000 conference delegates.
# # #